Wednesday, February 1, 2012

What's That? Wednesday: Feb. 1, 2012

This is an ode to the piece of furniture I never knew I needed...the shoe cabinet.  In fact, before I moved to here, I'm pretty sure I didn't even know they existed.  In China, you do not wear your shoes in your apartment or house.  If you saw some of the things we walked through, you wouldn't want to wear your shoes in the house either!

It really does make sense to leave the smelly, dirty shoes out in the hallway and step into the house with clean socks/feet.  Or, if you'd like be really Chinese, you can wear slippers inside.  We have such a collection of slippers...ones we purchased, several from the hotels we've stayed at, and gifts from people that I have a bucket by the front door full of slippers for ourselves and guests.  Any guesses to the color of Jamie's?  Bright Illini orange, of course!  The slippers are also helpful in the winter when it a tad bit chilly in the apartment.


Now, make sure your toe nails are painted pretty and your socks don't have holes in them and come on over for a visit.




No comments:

Post a Comment