Summer has officially come to an end and school has begun for 2 of my girls. When people ask how our summer was I happily reply that it was exactly what we hoped for: a successful heart surgery, time with friends and family and beautiful weather.
I decided to list our stats (statistics) from this summer and I think it is an exhaustive and impressive list.
- The biggies, as I like to call LBean and EBean, went to an indoor water park in the Wisconsin Dells, a Burlington Bees baseball game, 1 family wedding, the American Girl Store in St. Louis and the pool
- One eye appointment (me)
- 3 pediatrician appointments (all at the same time!)
- 3 out patient echocardiagrams for ChinaBean
- 4 visits to the cardiologist’s office
- One heart catheterization
- One heart surgery
- Weekly art lessons for the biggies
- Weekly summer reading program
- 2 trips to WalMart
- 4 + trips to Target
- 2 trips to Hobby Lobby
- 2 trips to the spa (maybe to reverse the affects of going to WalMart?)
- 4 haircuts (not on the same person!)
- 4 weeks at Jamie’s parents’ house
- 3 weeks at my parents’ house
- 1 ride on a horse
- 1 visit to the piggies
- 1 family picture session (success!)
- A round of vaccinations for 4 out of 5 of us
- 1 birthday party
- 6 days of VBS (vacation Bible School) between 2 churches
- Approximately 60 miles run outside in the fresh air
- Approximately 13 one-way trips in 7 weeks between Peoria and Carthage
- Two 12+ hour flights (four for Jamie)
- And, drum-roll…watched Frozen approximately 30 times…we’re ready to “Let it Go”
Summer ended and school started.
LBean is in Year 4 (third grade for our friends in the US). She got the teacher that she wanted and has a few good friends in the class. Next month she will be going on a three-day school trip without mom & dad.
|Outside the gate to the girls' school.|
EBean is joining her big sister at Dulwich College this year as a Year 1 student (kindergarten). She is very excited that her school will be studying super heroes for the first part of the term.
|EBean with her teacher and classroom assistant.|
ChinaBean is spending time with mom until she starts at her little preschool in September.
|Celebrating ChinaBean's 3rd Birthday|