The summer list started some brainstorming for what Jamie and I would put on our "China Bucket List". A list of all the things we hope to see, do and bring back to the US. We've been here for 11 months and the time has flown by (well, most days).
Jamie's list included several destinations, which is very true to his personality.
Jamie's Bucket List:
1. Visit Hangzhou - It's known as one of the most beautiful places in China.
2. Travel to Xi'an to see the Terracotta Warriors
3. Take the family to see the Forbidden City in Beijing. Jamie got to visit during his MBA program, but we have not been as a family yet.
4. See the pandas in Chengdu.
5. Go up in the Pearl Tower in Shanghai.
6. Have some suits made.
7. Learn how to play Mahjong.
My list includes several experiences and mementos, which is in line with my personality. Don't judge the consumer-driven list!
Kara's Bucket List:
1. To try cupping, where warm cups are placed on your back and the toxins are suctioned out of your body. It tends to leave some nice round bruises on your back for a while.
2. To have a massage by a blind masseuse. In China it is very common for the blind to become employed as masseuses.
3. Pick tea leaves. My first attempt at what I thought was going to be a tea-picking adventure was a big fail. I'll blog about that some day.
4. Take the high speed train to Shanghai, just so I can get there in 20 minutes.
5. Have a traditional Chinese qipao made.
|LBean when she was almost 2 years old.|
Jamie brought this qipao back from his
trip to China during his MBA program.
7. Plan a trip to either Thailand, Indonesia, Singapore, Sanya or New Zealand. It would be even better if we could visit them all!
8. Have eyeglasses made here for really cheap.
9. Buy a piece of furniture or have furniture made.
10. Try acupuncture.
11. Have wool or cashmere coats tailor made. For what a nice coat costs at Kohl's it is possible to have a coat made to my measurements.
I'm sure I'll add more things to my list and we explore more and learn more from our friends here. What do you have on your bucket list?
And...since tomorrow officially starts our summer break, here are some pictures from the first and last days of school for my girls.
|Last day with Mr. Lund!|
|First day at Casa Dei Bambini.|
|Last day and still loves the slide!|