Friday, September 18, 2015

Well, hello there!

I feel like I must re-introduce myself.  My name is Kara.  And I live in China.  Still.

We did not fall off the face of the earth, just moved our family.  It’s been a whirl-wind 6 months and we’re getting settled into our apartment, the girls are enjoying their new schools and we got a puppy.  Bring on the chaos!

As I mentioned in my last post, we fully intended/believed that we would be moving back to the United States this summer.  Needless to say the move to Xi’an was a bit of a surprise.

Let me take a moment to introduce to our hew city…

Name: Xi’an (pronounced something like “She ahn”)

Population: At least 8.5 million people (which is roughly the size of New York City)

Fun Facts:
  • One of the oldest cities in China
  • It’s the oldest of the Four Ancient Capitals of China
  • It is the start of the famous Silk Road
  • It is the home of the Terracotta Warriors
  • Xi’an people love noodles.  Generally speaking the people in the southern part of the county eat rice with their meals.  For those in the north, it is noodles.  

Beijing is in the NE corner of China.  Suzhou (our home from 2011-2015) is by the big red arrow.
Our new city is 2.5 hours inland by plane (by the blue star).


(All my facts are from Wikipedia because we know that everything we read on the internet is true.)



I am looking forward to getting back to blogging and introducing you to our new city.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is SO exciting! I'm a huge, huge fan of the Terra Cotta Warriors. My in-laws went there to see them about 7 years ago and brought me back a small replica that stands in my kitchen windowsill. I'm excited to read all about your new adventures in your new city.

    ReplyDelete