Wednesday, November 6, 2013

What's That? Wednesday: Morning Exercises

One of my favorite parts of my daily routine is walking EBean to her bus stop.  It takes us about 10 minutes and I love hearing what is on EBean's mind.  On our walk we also get to witness the community that exists within our apartment compound.  

After EBean gets on her school bus, I get to enjoy some one-on-one time with ChinaBean.  We usually stop at the neighborhood grocery store (smaller than a 7-11, but filled with import goodness), maybe stop by the fruit stand, and watch the people and the shops within our compound start their day.

As we meander home, it's not uncommon to see people (or entire businesses) begin their day with some exercises.  The video below shows a realty company within our apartment compound.  They start with a chant (maybe a company motto?) and then move into some singing and dancing.  I think it's great that they are all willing to do a group activity like this.  You would be hard-pressed to find people in the US that would volunteer to participate.  ChinaBean loves to watch them in the morning!




This is how ChinaBean exercises in the morning!


I thought I was taking a video of this grandma (women are "aunties", older women are grandma's) performing her morning Tai Chi, but instead I got a still photo (below).  Using my toddler-sized Mandarin vocabulary, I've "talked" with her the last few days and she totally called me out on the photo I took last week!  I thought I was being a super sleuth and I failed.  Thankfully she is very friendly and laughed about it.  (Whew!)


How do you get moving in the morning?

No comments:

Post a Comment